Thinking of the perfect gift for that special someone this Valentine’s Day? Well, you are not alone. Everyone wants to avoid the usual way of chocolates and flowers. These things run out quickly and stop sparking that joy in no time.
According to a Mastercard survey, while the total Valentine’s Day spending by Brits increased by 11 per cent, that of traditional gifts decreased by 22 per cent. The trends have moved towards ‘experiences’ and gifts that create lasting memories. In short, gifts that are more thoughtful, unique, and long-lasting.
This year, save yourself time and give your loved one a brighter and healthier smile. Gifting an oral healthcare solution symbolises care and thoughtfulness like nothing else.
This blog will help you choose some of the best oral care solutions that will give your Valentine a reason to remember you each morning.
Why Should You Consider Gifting a Brighter Smile This Valentine’s Day?
Wondering why to invest in dental treatments this Valentine’s? The short answer is that it improves their oral health and makes them happier and healthier.
Unlike material gifts, a brighter and straighter smile can last an entire lifetime. Fixing one’s crowded, discoloured, or chipped tooth is not only better for their oral health, but also helps in gaining confidence.
Before we talk about the top dental treatments that make for thoughtful Valentine’s gift ideas, let’s take a quick look at why you should consider gifting these:
It Is a Gift That Lasts
A movie, meal, and even clothes come and go quickly. A gift of whiter teeth and a straighter smile last longer. The joy that a beautiful smile brings can be enjoyed for years to come.
It Will Enhance Their Confidence
According to a study by The British Psychological Society, a perfect smile has a direct impact on how people perceive themselves and their confidence levels. Nearly half of the adults believe that a smile is the most memorable feature of a person. A person with a beautiful smile naturally makes a great first impression and feels happier about themselves.
It Goes Beyond Aesthetics
A beaming smile with whiter teeth not just looks pretty but has a great impact on one’s oral health also. As verified by this Lancet Health Longevity paper, oral health is directly connected to a person’s risk of getting chronic diseases. Taking care of it reduces your risk of conditions such as Alzheimer’s, type-2 diabetes, and even a heart attack.
Which are Some of The Best Dental Treatments to Consider?
That special someone deserves something really unique. Cosmetic dentistry procedures can be that thoughtful gift that will make both of you smile together for years to come.
These procedures aim at improving the appearance of your smile. This is done through procedures and dental work on your teeth, gums, and bite.
Here are some of the top cosmetic dental treatments that will make your partner’s smile better:
Over the years, the foods and drinks we consume stain our teeth. Foods such as coffee, tea, red wine, gravies, and the likes may lead to the wearing down of the enamel and the teeth losing their original white colour. This may also happen when someone smokes regularly or doesn’t follow a proper oral hygiene routine.
This procedure has several benefits. It helps gain back one’s confidence and is linked to better productvity.
This is a simple non-invasive procedure done at the dentist’s office. This is how it works:
- A record of the current shade of the teeth is made and they are polished to remove plaque and tartar.
- Barriers and retractors will be placed on your gum line and cheeks, lips, and tongue.
- The teeth are then coated with a whitening solution containing hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide.
- It is left on the teeth for 30-60 minutes after treating it with laser light.
Approximate Cost and time: £ 550, 45-60 minutes
Metal silver-coloured fillings have been a popular treatment for cavities for decades. However, not many people know that they are made up of 50 per cent mercury. Helping your partner replace their metal fillings may save them from the harmful effects of mercury, which is released when one chews on hard foods or drinks hot liquids. This mercury impacts the brain, liver, and kidneys in the long run.
Not to mention that they look unaesthetic.
These are best replaced with white fillings. Also known as tooth-coloured fillings, they are the best match for your natural teeth.
- Once the dentist removes the old filling, they will look for additional issues like gum disease or decay and treat them.
- Then, the composite material will be matched to the colour of your teeth.
- This will then be placed inside your teeth and treated with laser light.
Approximate Cost and time: £ 100-180, 40-50 minutes
To help your partner smile better, why not gift them Invisalign? If they have always wanted to improve their smile, Invisalign is the best choice. These clear and discreet removable braces are fast and effective in straightening structural problems with teeth.
Here is the step-by-step way to enjoy a braces-free Valentine’s Day:
- Your dentist will use X-rays or digital scans to create a model of your teeth and gums. These scans are then sent to a lab to create customised aligner trays.
- Once fitted, these trays need to be worn for two weeks. They exert gentle pressure on the teeth to bring them into their desired position.
- As your teeth start straightening, your dentist will change the aligner to a new one.
Approximate Cost and time: Depending on the extent of correction, the cost varies between £1,500-3,300. The treatment may take any time between 3-24 months.
How to Make The Most of This Valentine’s Gift?
Since you are moving away from the traditional way of gifting and selecting a unique gift, you are bound to wonder whether it is a good idea.
Trust us, it is.
Here is how you can ensure that your partner loves this gift:
- Be thoughtful and give what they need. For instance, gifting a teeth whitening session to someone who wants to correct their crooked teeth may not be a good idea.
- Do it with love and explain the health benefits if need be.
- Select the right dentist for the best possible experience.
- Go for the session together. This will improve your bonding.
Gifting oral care treatment to your partner is a beautiful investment. At Complete Smiles, we have helped thousands of people restore their smiles and confidence. Get in touch with us to know more about our state-of-the-art technology, expert teams, and assured results for radiant smiles and better oral health that will last a lifetime.