Tips to ease dental fear
We understand that going to the dentist can cause fear and worry. If you’re anxious about seeing the dentist, below are few tips to ease your fear:
• Once you have found someone you think may be suitable, visit the surgery to familiarise with the dentist, communicate with the receptionist. Let your dentist know that you’re a nervous patient so they are aware.
• Always pick an appointment time early in the morning so you have less time to think about it and can take a day off from work so that you can go straight home.
• Talk to your dentist about using the numbing gel before using the needles.
• Take a friend or family member with you to your appointment.
• Use headphones to listen to music of your choice, it will help you relax during your treatment.